The International Bowling Federation makes call for candidates for the positions of President and Vice President to bring about sweeping reforms to the governance of the governing body.
April 6th, 2022 Lausanne, Switzerland
The Extraordinary General Meeting to be held in Lausanne, Switzerland on May 24th and 25th 2022 will focus on governance, compliance and structure to build an international federation fit for purpose with a strong Executive Board and a strong administrative team to support member federations and the sports athletes.
Member Bowling Federations (MBF) and Zone Organisations (ZO) are invited to offer their candidates the position of President and/or Vice President at the International Bowling Federation (IBF).
A candidate for the position of President and/or Vice President must be well-known in the sport of bowling and have knowledge and expertise in one or some areas, such as sport, governance, marketing, finance, licensing and broadcasting, education, business, etc.
For each candidate shall be a nomination form (MBF or ZO) to be completed and provided by the MBF of the country of which the candidate is a citizen, or alternatively by the ZO of the same continent as his / her country of citizenship.
The following documents must be attached to the nomination form:
- A nomination form signed by the MBF of the country of which the candidate is a citizen, or alternatively by the ZO of the same continent as his / her country of citizenship;
- An undertaking to comply to the rules of ethics;
- A copy of the candidate’s passport(s);
- A proof of place of residence / official domicile / or alternatively proof of tax residence;
- A copy of the official register of criminal records or any similar official document issued by the competent authority of all candidate’s places of domicile for the last five years before the date of the filing of the nomination form;
- A detailed curriculum vitae or biography drafted in English, with supporting documentation;
- Any further supporting document or material deemed useful by the candidate to show that he/she fulfils the eligibility for such an position.
All documents must be submitted in PDF (in English; any document drafted in another language must be accompanied by a certified true translation into the English language) via email to the address: email@example.com
The deadline to submit nominations is May 8, 2022.