IBF proposes to change with the times to reflect the privileged status as the International Governing Body.
The Extraordinary General Meeting to vote on proposed key governance focused amendments to the articles of association.
The proposals focus on the removal of any and all conflicts of interest and the strong governance of an executive committee and organisation.
Proposals include a reduction from 12 to eight voting executive members.
The proposed new structure of the IBF Executive Committee voting members is:
- President – Elected by General Meeting
- Vice President – Elected by General Meeting
- Europe Representative – Appointed by EBF through election process
- Pan Am Representative – Appointed by PanAm through election process
- Asia Representative – Appointed by Asia through election process
- Oceania Representative – Appointed by Oceania through election process
- Africa Representative – Appointed by Africa through election process
- Athlete Representative – Appointed by Athletes Committee through election process
The voting members of the Committee will be in charge for four years. A further proposal is that of allowing for re-election for only one additional term of four years.
The age limit for IBF Committee Members is proposed to be set at 70 with a one-time extension term of office for a maximum of four years beyond the age limit of 70 to be granted by the IBF General Meeting Session upon recommendation of the IBF Committee.
The proposals for the changing the articles of association on May 24th 2022 at the Extraordinary General Meeting is of necessity to bring about the imperative reforms needed.
IBF hereby calls for changes to the articles of association clearing up any and all conflicts of interest to the executive committee to enable good governance from the top.
Upon acceptance of the necessary proposals, calls for the election of IBF President and IBF Vice President at the extraordinary General Meeting will commence.
Nomination forms will be distributed to all Member Federations and Zone Organisations on April 8th, 2022.
For all enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org